Friday, September 24, 2010

Zucchini Apple Muffins

Actual Quote:  "Ms. Katie, Ms. Katie!  I don't taste the green stuff, I only taste the muffin part."




Recipe
adapted from Smitten Kitchen
24 muffins

3 eggs
1 cup canola oil
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated apple
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350*.

1.  Line 24 muffin cups with liners.
2.  In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and sugar.  Then add the zucchini, apple, and vanilla.
3.  In another bowl, combine the two flours, the pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4.  Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
5.  Divide batter into muffin tin.

Bake for approximately 22 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there KT! I found your blog through a yahoo group. I think it was Montessori On-line. I think it is such a great theme for a blog. I could sure use some cooking with my kids inspiration.
    Warmly,
    Evelyn
    www2pequenostraviesos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that you had mentioned your blog on Montessori Online so I popped over and have signed to follow this and your other peas and carrots blog. The zucchini-apple muffins sound yummy! We make zucchini bread that was a recipe from my great uncle. He used to grow zucchini in his garden and would have loads of them so he came up with his recipe.
    Great when kids love to eat what they help to prepare for snack or meal time. Thanks for sharing. will have to make some with my boys.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete